For the eyes. For the heart. For the ears. For the feet. For the soul.

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

What would you think if I sang out of tune?



Friends are family that you choose. Keep them close and cherish them. There are people out there who don't have any. Isn't that sad? I find it hard to believe there are people with not one friend. You know the saying: Show me your friends and I'll show you who you are. You should be around people who reflect who you are in your soul, beliefs and heart and if they are not people you would be proud to introduce, you should really stop and ponder.

Who you choose to surround yourself in the limited free time there is, really reflects who you are as a person. Choose wisely and treat them well.

I once had someone tell me that they had a handful of people they could go to, tell them they needed $10,000 and not be able to tell them the reason why and those people would help them if they could, with no questions asked. Michael and I have a wide social network of friends, acquaintances, neighbours, colleagues and family that we chum around with on a weekly and sometimes daily basis. We like to think of ourselves as kind, generous, giving and good people. Nobody is perfect but if you can put your head on your pillow every night and know that you are a good person, a good friend and have done the best you could that day to make someone's day better, well what more could you ask for?

I'm grateful for amazing friends and along the path, it's the ones that have soured that have somewhat caused me to become reserved in my friendships. Friendships are based on trust and when things are good, you divulge all sorts of personal information. In an argument however, those details can be thrown back in your face causing you to view the "friend" as an opponent.

Lately I have been talking to so many girlfriends who are going through issues with other girls or friends from their past. The way I see it, is if you've got your health, your spouse, your home, your children, your family, your income, you've got it pretty figured out. Let's face it, there are always moments when all those factors are not completely in sync and when one area starts to go well, another starts to fall apart. That's life. I deal with it. We all do.

But it's so much sweeter when you can get by with a little help from your friends. And as for those soured ones, look at it as a learning lesson, a little caution in the future and always, always always consider the source.

Love,

Wendy


No comments: