For the eyes. For the heart. For the ears. For the feet. For the soul.

Friday, March 25, 2011

Say what you need to say.



Yesterday I spent the afternoon with my mom. We shopped, had lunch, shopped some more, took some fun photos, and shopped some more. She asked me to come to her school for a bit but I just wanted to come home. I got to thinking on my ride home, after reading someone's facebook status about how she wishes she could have tea with her dad just one more time.

What would be the hardship in me going to hang out with my mom at her school for a little bit? My mother in law invited us for dinner on Sunday and Michael enjoys staying home on his weekends, especially Sundays. She reminded him that they weren't going to be around forever and he said he heard a sadness in her voice when hanging up the phone.

The truth of the matter is, our parents are getting older. It's important to spend time with them. True, you can't live your life thinking every day that something might happen as none of us are spared from the inevitable outcome but while we are here, say what you need to say and make time in your busy life to give someone else a simple joy....the gift of your time.

Say what you need to say now, before it's too late.

xo

No comments: