For the eyes. For the heart. For the ears. For the feet. For the soul.

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Dream drapery and a gay bar


I once was at a dinner party with a friend who's dad was gay. I had never been to an entirely non-heterosexual dinner party before and I was not sure what to expect. We arrived to the Jarvis Street Penthouse and I fell in love with the decor of our host's condo, located in the hub of the city. Rich and heavy fabrics adorned the window panes, floor and dining room table. Substantial and gorgeous gold colored tassles dressed the curtains. Elements of world travel were incorporated throughout the space. Metallic and rust coloured accents gave the home a warm and exotic feeling. We dined on lobster, had many laughs and wonderful conversation. We then headed out to a local gay bar on College Street called El Rancho. It was raunchy and fun and I will forever remember that evening.

Sometimes, when you wind up in the strangest of places with the most unexpected company and zero expectations, you create a memory for life. Know what I mean?

I heart these images below.



















No comments: