For the eyes. For the heart. For the ears. For the feet. For the soul.

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Pauline + Brian: "We do"





I started my day out yesterday with an excited bride and her amazing maid of honor at the hair salon. I briefly worked with Pauline and back in the summer of last year, she had asked me to photograph her wedding this May. Time sure flies! When I had first started at this company, I had heard of a horrendous motorcycle accident that a prior employee had been in with her spouse. Shortly after this, my aunt was killed in a bike accident. It was a tough year for everyone, myself included.

Caroline and her boyfriend survived the crash and life as they know it is completely different and challenging on so many levels. She mentioned that when Pauline asked her to be her maid of honor, it really brightened her day and gave her something to look forward to.

The day started out drizzly and damp and I had a secret conversation with the weather Gods and asked that their outdoor ceremony continue without wet interruption. I headed to the hall to snap some photos of the bride and groom's families prepping tables, centerpieces, coffee and details. It was so nice to see that two blended families of a second marriage could actually logistically not only work but get along! Their children and siblings, family and friends scurried around to make everything special for this long awaited celebration of love.

Pauline and Brian arrived in style, in a T-roof shiny black corvette. Michael acted as my second shooter and did a great job in capturing the angles that I could not cover yesterday. Under a beautiful tree, warm breeze and in front of a sparkling lake and loving well-wishers, Pauline and Brian were wed. After some family portraits, we snuck them off to take some private photos of the two of them. They had a casual and intimate lunch, a first dance, lots of laughs and a day to remember.

I sat with my former colleagues and their spouses and pondered to myself how lucky I was to be in surrounding company of such wonderful, kind and salt of the earth women. We gathered Pauline and the gals for a group shot, and then started to part ways.

The bride and groom headed off for a private night of luxury, a gift from their families and we all wished them a wonderful night together as well as a life full of love and togetherness.

Here are just a few teaser photos from yesterday. Thanks for trusting me to capture your wedding day!

Love always,

Wendy















No comments: