For the eyes. For the heart. For the ears. For the feet. For the soul.

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Decoding life.

Someone yesterday told me they think I have decoded life. In a world full of confusion and wonder, we sometimes find ourselves asking: what's the point of it all?


What's the password to figuring it out?

I've hardly got it figured out. I have a lot to still learn and live. But to my friends who have endured past hardships, I always say to them, be thankful for where we are and what we've been through. It only makes us thankful for the present.

I know at this very time in my life, I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be. It all happened as it should have. I didn't understand so many times but I understand now. And I'm grateful.

Stop trying to figure out the point of it all and just live in the now. Sometimes, we can't see a point unless it's in reflection. It's only when we look in the rear view mirror that we understand why things happened the way they did.

This is why I write. And photograph. Life swiftly moves from one day to the next and we forget.
But it's only when looking back on where we've been that we realize how far we've come.

Life. Decoded.

Love,

Wendy

xo


1 comment:

liz said...

Great post Wendy. I love the concept of 'decoding' life!