For the eyes. For the heart. For the ears. For the feet. For the soul.

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Take a chance on me.



Last night, I had a consultation with a couple who were looking to meet with me regarding their wedding photography in 2012. The bride contacted me based on some recent photos she's seen of mine. I met with her and her fiance and explained my deep love and passion for all things photography. We chatted and laughed about the joys, trials and tribulations of planning a wedding and by the end of the conversation, it felt as if we were old friends just having a fun discussion.

A wedding is a huge responsibility and undertaking to document and photograph. This is not something I take lightly so I asked them to really think about who they would like to select for this day and to shop around. Like my husband and I when we met with our wedding photographer, they already had their mind made up before the meeting, and told me they were sure they wanted me.

I am so honoured and blessed that someone has chosen me to capture one of the most important days of their lives, and took a chance on someone new. If they love my photos now, then I can only imagine I'll get better in a year from now. What I lack for now in theory, I will learn in the months to come. I believe I'm good at what I do, because I see through my heart, and not just through my eyes.

Being invited to share in the private and sacred moments of someone's wedding, and then document it from my own perspective, has to be one of the biggest honours of all time.

Lindsay and Scott, thank you for taking a chance on someone new. I promise you, you won't be disappointed! I'm looking so forward to your engagement session in the spring, where we can get to know each other like friends, and do a trial run of your special day.

Warmest thanks,

Wendy


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I told you that you'd be great as an entrepeneur photographer. They say I'm intuitive and I meant it. Hope you are doing well.
Nancy Mortimer