For the eyes. For the heart. For the ears. For the feet. For the soul.

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Outwit negative people


Isn't it annoying when people feel the need to say things to you like: "You have too much time on your hands"? I continually strive to be a wholesome, loving and positive person yet often am faced with negative comments from people who feel the need to criticize who I am or what I spend my time doing.

What's really happening when people critique areas of your life that have no concern to them, is obvious. Instead of the lovely alternative which would be "Wow, I wish I had time to do something like that" or "Great job!", is something that I have learned within myself over the span and personal growth of my life. When internally I feel negativity towards another individual who did absolutely nothing wrong to me, it's usually a void in myself or something I'm envious of and I try to spot that instantly and use those feelings to productively push myself to strive for whatever it is I am missing.

You know what they say, when you point a finger at someone, there is usually three more fingers pointing back at yourself.

The next time someone implies you aren't busy enough, ask them to itemize their important daily agendas to justify all the time they DON'T have.

I try to live by a simple phrase that my grandmother used to say: "Always be kind and always be nice. " Confucious say: A superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions.
Finally, Albert Einstein said: "Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods.”


No comments: