For the eyes. For the heart. For the ears. For the feet. For the soul.

Sunday, April 10, 2011

We are man and wife.




Isn't it amazing when you meet someone for the first time and you hit it off as if you've been friends for a lifetime? Today has been planned for sometime and back in the winter we were anticipating this April afternoon with the spring-like weather of sunny skies and lush grass.

I awoke with a pit in my stomach as it was chilly, damp and dismal. My batteries were charged, gas in car and directions in order but nothing ever prepares me for what a photo shoot will encompass. Weather, personalities, moods and every other thing that you could think of can affect how the photos turn out.

I first heard from Josie a few months back. She worked with a dear friend that I shot fun photos of and fell in love with my style. We corresponded over email and I asked her some key questions that would allow me the opportunity to paint a picture of how today would unfold. I would later find out that both Josie and her husband Joe are both teachers and wanted a family photo shoot with their adorable and well behaved dog Pluto. This wasn't just any family photo shoot; there is a bundle of joy on his way from the warm womb to the big city. Josie shared with me that she always had a love of photography, way back in the dark room days.

Today was perfect in every way. There was zero traffic in an otherwise two hour drive. The weather was warm and slightly overcast. The sun shone at dusk and provided the magical light photographers coo over. Old and new friends alike, shared some laughs, some hopes and dreams and in turn some beautiful still memories to one day reminisce with their son.

Josie and Joe, I felt a connection with you straight away. It's amazing what you can tell about a couple in a short time spent together. You respect and love each other immensely. You are kind and generous people. The excitement of your first child is so evident, that it made me drive home with a smile, warm heart (and of course full belly after our meal). It hasn't been an easy journey for you, but you are living proof that everything happens when it's supposed to.

Thank you for trusting me to capture this precious time in your lives. More photos to follow this week!

God Bless.

Love,

Wendy




















1 comment:

Josie said...

Wendy,

Joe and I were so happy to meet you and Mike yesterday. It was just like old friends getting together. You made us feel so comfortable. We could not be happier with the results of the photos you took! You are so creative and the love of your work shines through in each photo. Thank you for telling our story through your lens. We will definately see you again soon!
Love Josie and Joe (and Pluto!)