For the eyes. For the heart. For the ears. For the feet. For the soul.

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snow Day!


There is something about snow days that brings me back to my childhood.
I remember intently listening to the radio in hopes of school and bus closures. Unfortunately for me, often times the buses would be cancelled but the schools remained open, and I was in walking distance.

The first thing I did when I awoke this morning was to look outside, with high hopes that it would be too torrential that my husband would be able to stay home from work. Alas, his job takes him on the road and there is no working from home for him.

So we shovelled, had our neighbour kindly come and plough our driveway, had a coffee together, played in the snow with the dog and I kissed him goodbye.

Here I sit, all comfy cozy in my pj's, drinking hot coffee by the fireplace and reminiscing about the school days I couldn't wait to miss due to an announcement of a snow day.

Cuddle up, and keep warm!

xo




No comments: