For the eyes. For the heart. For the ears. For the feet. For the soul.

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Trash the dress with Wedding Girl.




On Sunday I had the opportunity, as well as current and aspiring photographers to spend the day at an (undisclosed) remote location and shoot my friend and wedding planner's TTD (Trash the dress) session. For those that don't know what this is, it's a recent phenomenon where brides who have carefully preserved and guarded their beautiful white gowns, symbolically ruin their dress for a cathartic, fun and memorable photo shoot.

We started hair and makeup at a hotel and then headed off where the layers upon layers of beautiful bridal fabric and crinoline were cut, torn, knifed and painted. This all may sound a bit morbid to you, but for a girl who spends her days and nights mussing and fussing over other brides' needs, this extraordinary woman had a day to bask in the lights of our many flashing cameras.

These were some of my shots. I've been asked by a few people if I'm available to shoot TTD sessions. Please contact me at wendyalana@yahoo.ca if you're interested.

The session was cold and dirty and transitioned from beautiful, traditional, bridal hair, makeup and attire to rockstar edgy sexy glam. I was so pleased with the results and it helps when you have an amazing subject to photograph.

I don't know folks, there's just something about Mary.

:)

To see further pictures, here is a link to my facebook album.






















No comments: