For the eyes. For the heart. For the ears. For the feet. For the soul.

Friday, December 31, 2010

The closing of 2010




What a whirlwind of a year. At this time last year, we were being picked up by a limousine to head to Toronto and fly out the next day with our friends and family to get married in Mexico. We had an amazing week, one I will cherish for a lifetime. We came back for a reception I will never forget, and a few days later in February, headed back onto a plane to paradise for our beautiful, wonderful and special honeymoon at the El Dorado Seaside for a week of luxury and indulgence.

We tied up the loose ends to move into our new home in May. I quit a job that was literally hell on earth after two years and walked out with not only my head up, but a victory of putting someone in power in their place and the comfort of knowing he would never be able to bother any of the 12 (and more) women again. Sometimes I do think that God put me here on this earth to say the things that others are afraid to say because behind the scenes, I'm always thanked for coming forward when others don't want to. Speak up and benefit all.

We have made Brantford our community and met some wonderful friends. I have gone through the ups and downs of "finding myself" career wise and I'm sure the journey is not over. Always continue to grow and challenge yourself.

We witnessed an aunt finally get married to her sweetheart and for once there was an event where everyone in our family was in attendance. It rained, it poured, we laughed, we got dirty and wet and had an unforgettable evening. A few short months later, we lost an aunt in an absolute tragedy. As our family struggles to move forward despite the missing link, on these days such as Christmas and New Years especially, we remember those that we have loved and lost.

Chilean miners captured the attention of the world with their heartstopping rescue and escape. Canada hosted the 2010 Olympics. World news throughout the 52 weeks of the year was full of unspeakable crimes as well as emotion-tugging do-gooders who have helped even my pessimistic self believe that the good outweighs the bad in life.

I picked up a camera and fell in love with photography. I started a blog and my husband continues his food journalling daily. Our dog is more well behaved and growls less. Our tummies are full and hearts warm.

On the closing of this year, I would like to thank you all for supporting my honest journey, expressed through the written word and photos. I would like to wish everyone a wonderful and safe evening and a marvelous 2011. There are days when I have doubted the title of this blog because quite frankly, when you're having a bad day, life hardly seems wrapped in lace. I've learned a few things about life. Perspective is everything. When you consider what you've been through, where you could be or where you never want to be, you can be grateful for where you are and all that you have.

It's also so much sweeter when you've got someone you love to point this out to you every once in awhile.

Cheers, Happy New Year, and here's hoping the rest of your voyage will be sweet. If you're really lucky, you'll find treasures along the way which will be wrapped in pretty and delicate lace.

Love,

Wendy



No comments: