For the eyes. For the heart. For the ears. For the feet. For the soul.

Saturday, September 25, 2010

The magic of the moon



There is something very magical about the moon. Once, my mom said that when she looks at the moon she thinks of me, because no matter where we are in the world, distance wise, we will always share the moon.

It's sort of become "our thing" and no matter what is going on in our lives, we always know that we are looking at the same bright spot in the sky.

We went to visit Michael's grandmother Carrie in Paris and on her headstone, there was an inscription of the moon and stars. I would soon then find out that the moon was very special and significant in the Carson family as well. That discovery brought my bond with the Carsons even closer.

Last night, our entire home lit up due to the lunar alignment and I just knew it had to be a full moon. I looked up the 2010 schedule and discovered that indeed, on the beautiful warm and balmy evening of September 23rd, the moon was at it's fullest.

On January 7th of this year, Michael and I were wed in Mexico. That week was quite cool for the tropics yet on our wedding day and evening, the temperature and weather were perfect. A warm breeze cascaded across our bare arms and as we all wrapped up a perfect evening full of tears, love, family and friends, my mom grabbed my arm, pointed to the water and gasped: "Look!" The moon was massive and low, and sent diamond reflections dancing across the deep blue ocean. We all stopped and gazed, took photos and it was a moment I know I'll never forget.

I love you, to the moon and back.




No comments: