For the eyes. For the heart. For the ears. For the feet. For the soul.

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Second Hand

Michael's and now my grandmother Chesley provided me with the following information regarding my blog post on Extoggery. With her permission, I am posting it. Interesting to know! Thanks Ches.

Hi Wendy ! That was a great take on the extoggery ! You have not missed a single point. You might be interested to know that a childhood friend of mine married the son of the owners of the extoggery. It was one store only on Merton street just east of Yonge St . Mrs. Allen ( mother in law to my friend) started it in her home. She decided that all her friends should buy second hand clothes for themselves and their children ! She was an excellent business woman. We used to go there to buy special clothes for the the kids. eg a good winter coat to go to a Bar Mitzvah ! Great memories - thanks love chesley

No comments: