For the eyes. For the heart. For the ears. For the feet. For the soul.

Monday, July 25, 2011

Help yourself.




Michael came to me this weekend and named a few artists who had passed away at 27 years old. I haughtily shrugged my shoulders. I normally could care less about celebrity blah blah blah.
He said to me, "you'll care about this. Guess who else got added to that list?"

When he told me Amy Winehouse, I literally gasped "NO!" I don't know why, but I am deeply bothered by her death. I've followed her music since she was young and drug free. It's amazing to see the transformation of self destruction. Her music moves me and she has the soul of someone well beyond our generation.

It bothers me that we're cheated of any more amazing albums. It bothers me that she probably died alone. It bothers me when people make rehab jokes, and the irony of that hit song is just too obvious for people to not poke fun at.

Rest in peace to a one of a kind musician. I wish you had more time.





No comments: