For the eyes. For the heart. For the ears. For the feet. For the soul.

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Your love is better than wine.


Enough of the heavy stuff this week. Christmas is literally around the corner. Are you ready for it?

In my young life I have received
Callers as though they were Christmas Eve.
Disappointed and I don't know why?
She gave me laughter and hope
And a sock in the eye.
(A love like this is sealed with a kiss)

In my young life and I know something now.
I've never tried to create a wow.
Wows are few frustration more common.
Now I can feel it in my soul,
That's why I gave the come on.

Kiss me with your mouth.
Your love is better than wine.
But wine is all I have.
Will your love ever be mine?

Faces fall before my feet.
Like blood onto a clean white sheet.
When I grow old I won't forget
To innocence my only debt.

Wow I feel so fresh today.
Barefoot in the snow to make love in the hay.
The stars are bright in the abyss,
Now I can feel you in my arms
I explode inside your kiss.

~ Stephen Duffy ~




No comments: